7 Things I Learned From Styling The Incomparable Kate Beckinsale
Part of my job is styling celebrities for magazine covers, photo shoots and red carpet events. I love working with talented strong women and Kate Beckinsale is no exception. I styled Kate for Shape's Jan/Feb issue on stands today.
1. Sexy is a State of Mind - Kate is the rare sex symbol who is actually sexy. Check out her BTS video, a true pro.
2. Eat Healthy and Often- She brings her own healthy food on set to keep up the energy.
3. Surround Yourself with Talent- Working with a talented and fun team is key on a photoshoot. Kate's amazing hairstylist, Italo Gregorio, has worked with her for 20 years and they are like family.
4. The English Never Loose Their Dry Humor- Kate's quick wit and self deprecation had us in stitches!
5. Know Your Swimsuit Shape and Stick With It- I am a big believer in sticking to the shapes that work on your body but even I fall prey to fashion trends. Kate said no to a one-piece swimsuit and she was right. Who would cover up those killer abs?!
6. Embrace Every Stage of Life - At 43 Kate is looking and feeling her best, serious inspiration.
7. Wear High Heels- Because every leg looks better in a heel!